You’ll want to check with the state, but you typically do not need to have your emissions tested if you:
- Arizona does exempt most vehicles of the newest five model years
- Vehicle is registered outside of the test area – typically outside of Phoenix or Tucson – in this case, use the ADEQ address locator.
- Have a vehicle that is located outside of the State of Arizona.
- If you are active duty military and stationed outside of Arizona and nobody else is using your vehicle you may apply for an exemption.
- Vehicles out of state at test time (sometimes you need to get it tested in another state, or they will give you a 1-year exemption).