If you’re about ready to get your car inspected for vehicle emissions, here are some helpful tips that will help your car pass the inspection.
Tips for passing emissions test:
- Fast idle your engine for about 30 seconds immediately before you drive into the inspection facility.
- Ensure your seatbelt is buckled (including all passengers).
- Drive your car around for 10-15 minutes prior to entering emissions testing so it is at peak efficiency.
- Turn off your air conditioning, heater, radio, or other accessories before the inspection starts.
- Check your turn signals, lights, horn, and wipers before inspection and repair if they aren’t working.
- If you have a engine maintenance light on, go and get that checked out by your mechanic before having the emissions tested.
- Ask the DMV inspector for assistance or tips if you fail the inspection.