If you’re about ready to get your car inspected for vehicle emissions, here are some helpful tips that will help your car pass the inspection.
Tips for passing emissions test:
- Fast idle your engine for about 30 seconds immediately before you drive into the inspection facility.
- Ensure your seatbelt is buckled (including all passengers).
- Drive your car around for 10-15 minutes prior to entering emissions testing so it is at peak efficiency.
- Turn off your air conditioning, heater, radio, or other accessories before the inspection starts.
- Check your turn signals, lights, horn, and wipers before inspection and repair if they aren’t working.
- If you have a engine maintenance light on, go and get that checked out by your mechanic before having the emissions tested.
- Ask the DMV inspector for assistance or tips if you fail the inspection.
Where can you go in Chandler to have your car emissions tested? Right now, there are two locations to choose from:
20 N. Beck Ave.
Chandler, AZ 85226
2360 S. Airport Blvd.
Chandler, AZ 85286
There is also a location in Mesa, just in case that happens to be closer for you.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm and Saturday 8 am – 5 pm.
Here’s a list of all of the AZ DMV Locations on one page. This list was updated as recently as March 29, 2021. DMV Locations provide drivers license, title, and vehicle registration services.
You’ll want to consult this page for hours and view the exact services offered at each location.
Continue reading AZ DMV Locations
We are updating our map system to bring you the very best map we can.
You should know that all AZ emission testing locations have the same hours, and are open all week excluding Sunday.
All inspection stations are open:
Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm / Sat 8am – 5pm
Tip: Testing is faster mid-week,
mid-month, weekdays from 5-7pm
and on Saturday afternoons.
Closed: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4,
Labor Day, Thanksgiving,
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
You can see a webcam of the location you are considering to help you determine if there is a long wait.